Search - User list
Full Version: Procedural Hair Cards HDA BETA RELEASE
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Procedural Hair Cards HDA BETA RELEASE
GaryHanna
Hello all,

I've always wanted a way to automatically make hair cards in Houdini using its hair grooming system and I've been working on one over the summer and just released the BETA version.

HAIR CARDS OTL [www.psynema.com]

The documentation is long but it's written for people who may not know Houdini well. Basically make sure your hair generate node has a hairclump node then plug it into my Hair Cards asset and experiment with the sliders. It needs to be baked in Substance Designer since that has a “bake by mesh name” feature - I made groups for each individual hair card and it's corresponding clump, so baking won't be a mess contaminated by all those hairs. Each card is baked together ONLY with its corresponding hair clump using Substance Designer's “bake by mesh name” feature as opposed to baking the entire high poly hair mesh to the entire hair card wig.

I'd love feedback and the asset is downloadable on my website link provided or it's also on Orbolt.

Last pic is rendered in iRay w/ Substance Designer. That's Houdini's hair grooming system baked onto low poly cards no handpainted touch ups at all.
NEO.Anderson
This May save my ass!… Thank you. will try ASAP.
GaryHanna
NEO.Anderson
This May save my ass!… Thank you. will try ASAP.

Good to hear, I'd love to see the results and let me know if there's any issues please. Thanks.
vyking
Hi GaryHanna

I'm trying your asset for the hair witch is really powerful but i'd like to dive into it to see if i can make it multithread.

Is it possible to have a version of the asset with the permission to dive into it?

Cheers
GaryHanna
vyking
Hi GaryHanna

I'm trying your asset for the hair witch is really powerful but i'd like to dive into it to see if i can make it multithread.

Is it possible to have a version of the asset with the permission to dive into it?

Cheers

The version on my site should be unlocked, I believe the Orbolt version is blackbloxed and would take a while to update but I'll get on it. In the mean time the one on my site should be open.

Psynema Download Link… [www.psynema.com]
Doudini
Hi Gary,
thanks for sharing the tool. It looks really great.

I must be getting old and cant seem to find the Download Link on your website for some reason.
Is it possible you can post a direct link to the zip file?
GaryHanna
Doudini
Hi Gary,

I must be getting old and cant seem to find the Download Link on your website for some reason.

DOWNLOAD on Psynema… [www.psynema.com]
GaryHanna
Doudini
Hi Gary,

Or download on Orbolt

Orbolt Download
NFX
This looks amazing! I will definitely have to give it a try!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.