Search - User list
Full Version: wren - Hserver error
Root » Technical Discussion » wren - Hserver error
goldfarb
hi
I just tried to render using the wren ROP….and I get an ‘Hserver - communication error’ and the console tells me it has saved the file…
then I get a frame or two in Mplay, then another error and another console message..very strange…
I've put the hipnc here [arctor.com]

Houdini Apprentice 5.5.266
win2K

just remembered why I was trying to render with wren… :
I was looking for something similar to a ‘playblast’ in maya….I noticed the ‘object scene output OP’…but it doesn't seem to like to play nice with my video card…are there any other options?
EigenAlex
EDIT: Aieek! I read too fast again… please disregard me.

———-
wow. build 266 is out already?

Did you mean to use OpenGL Renderer? THere is that “GL” icon at the top of the Output section. Check it out.

Cheers.
Alex
MichaelC
The file you posted rendered fine for me with WREN in 266. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

If you want a type of playblast, go with the OpenGL ROP.

In mplayer, in it's options, you can set it to play back realtime which may make playback in mplay look a bit better for you.
goldfarb
yeah, OpenGL was what I was looking for…I was just playing with the other outputs that I hadn't used before…
I'll try a few more times, just to see what's up with wren on my machine…
stevenong
Hey arctor,

I just tried wren without any problems as well.

Please let us know if you're still getting the error.

Thanks!

Cheers!
steven
goldfarb
yep, just tried it a few more times…getting the same results…
the only odd thing I can think of is that when I installed .266 there was an error in getting a lic “invalid e-mail address or password”…but I still have a license…
stevenong
Hey arctor,

I tried your hip file & again, no errors. Can you try restarting hserver? Also, can you try installing new keys?

It's weird that you get the “invalid e-mail address or password” error message though.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks!

Cheers!
steven
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.