Search - User list
Full Version: Modifying Blend Mode
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Modifying Blend Mode
varomix
Hi
so I'm trying to modify the blend mode as described here http://sidefx.com/docs/unreal/_materials.html#MaterialsInstances [sidefx.com]

like this
To change the “Blend Mode” parameter from the default “Opaque” value, to “Additive”, add a unreal_material_parameter_blendmode detail attribute to your asset, and set its value to either “additive” (String attribute) or 3. (Float or Integer attribute).

but is not working, is this a bug? am I doing it wrong?

I'm creating a detail attribute as the note says and making it a string, there's no change in the created material un UE4

Using UE4 4.18.3 and Houdini FX 16.5.359

thank you
varomix
oooh damn, reading the docs again, seems like that is only for UE4 Material Instances, not for materials that come from Houdini, I'm I wrong?
could that be done? modify the Blend Mode for a material that comes from Houdini?

thanks
dpernuit
Hi,

You got the attribute right, but the unreal_material_parameters attributes are meant to be use with Material Instances generated by the plug-in from existing Unreal material via an unreal_material_instance atttribute.

Unfortunately, changing the blend mode on Houdini materials strictly generated by the plug-in is not possible for now.
varomix
Wold be great to have

thanks for the RFE bro.

Cheers!
dpernuit
So the actual issue was that materials created from principled shader were not automatically set to BLEND_Translucent when their diffuse texture had an alpha channel. (this was still working with mantra_surface materials)

This will be fixed in tomorrow's daily build (16.5.364), if the diffuse texture has alpha values (other than 1s), the material generated by the plugin will be set to translucent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.