Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini Engine Debugger
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Houdini Engine Debugger
Mary537
Hi! I'm trying to comunicate Houdini with Unreal. I created a .hip file and its digital asset .hda.
- in windows-> Houdini engine Debugger I tried to start debugger both as TCP Port as Named Pipe;
- I esported digital asset .hda from Houdini to Unreal
- In Unreal I went to Edit -> Project Settings -> Plugins -> Houdini engine -> session and I tried to start the “session type” both as “TCP Socket as Named Pipe or domain socket” on port 9090;

I followed this road because I want to report changes made in Unreal in Houdini. I would also like to see the changes made with Unreal Landscape tool (landscape spline, sculpt…) in Houdini, but currently also the only changes made with parameters imported from Houdini I can't see them communicate between Houdiniand Unreal (I see the changes are only in Unreal or in Houdini, it's depending on where I made the changes).
Can someone help me to communicate the two software?
Thanks a lot.
dpernuit
Hi,

For the Houdini engine debugger:
- first, you need to make sure you're using the same settings in ue4 and Houdini.
- you may need to restart ue4 for the changes to be taken into account. Houdini needs to be started before unreal for this to work.
- hda files created/cooked/modified in unreal will be visible in Houdini. But the debugger is one way only, changes made in houdini won't be reflected in unreal.
Mary537
Hi! Thank you very much. Now it works
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.