Search - User list
Full Version: RBD to FBX Error
Root » Houdini for Realtime » RBD to FBX Error
bkohrman
Hi,
I have been trying to get use the RBD to FBX tool, and I'm running into a problem I don't understand. I've had this working in the recent past, so I don't know if something has changed, or if I'm doing something wrong.

For a simple test, I created a box, shattered it, and made it a rigid body using shelf buttons. I also translated it upward and added a ground plane. The simulation runs and looks correct.

At the object level, I select the AutoDopNetwork and click the RBD to FBX button. It creates a new node in the out context called rop_rbd_to_fbx1. It has these warnings:

Warning
Skipping unrecognized parameter “createsubnetroot”.
Warning
Skipping unrecognized parameter “pr”.
Warning
Skipping unrecognized parameter “pr”.

If I click Render, I also get the following Error:

Error
Error rendering child: /out/rop_rbd_to_fbx1/shell1

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? I'm getting it even in the simplest simulations. I'm running Houdini 16.0.633, and I have tried the latest versions of both Stable and Development branches of the Game Development Tools. I get the same results with both.

Thank you!
Brian Kohrman
jsmack
You're probably using houdini 16.0 instead of 16.5
bkohrman
Thanks for the response!

Yes, I'm running Houdini 16. Is that a problem? I did have the RBD to FBX tool working around couple weeks ago, and I was running 16 then, too. I really don't know what changed.
mikelyndon-sesi
Brian, can you share your test file?

Mike
bkohrman
Here's the most basic test file, with a fractured cube.
mikelyndon-sesi
Because you're importing directly from the AutoDopNetwork it's grabbing the ground as well which isn't a packed object.

Better to use a dopimport in a geo container and specify that you just want the Box_Fracture object imported as packed geo.

I think you can ignore the warnings. Those are specific to 16.5 but shouldn't cause any problems.
bkohrman
Oh, of course. That was it- I needed to export only packed geometry. Thanks a ton!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.