Search - User list
Full Version: GameDev Tools Custom Installation Shelf
Root » Houdini for Realtime » GameDev Tools Custom Installation Shelf
alperenozgur
Hi, since installation from shelf overwrites my .env file it breaks my plugins like redshift, arnold etc. so only way to install GameDev Tools is manually for me ( i guess ). I have three questions;

1- I couldnt find a way to update empty GameDev shelf with manual installation. There is no way for that?

2- It does shows my version as “unknown” when i click on update button in GameDev shelf. Fix?

3- Actually, there is a way to install it from shelf-auto mode but not break my custom .env file or renderer installations? Because it's completely overwrites the .env file..
lkruel
Hey there.

After version 1.13 it shouldn't break your plugins. We submitted a fix for hopefully smarter patching of the file.

If your file does break you can manually fix the houdini.env file by ensuring the first HOUDINI_PATH entry ends with & and subsequent ones end with $HOUDINI_PATH

Hope this helps

Luiz
planetx
Hi,

Still the same problem for me, even worse now on 17.5 with GameDev 1.131 - I can't get it to work again. Unless I disable GameDev entries, Arnold won't work.

Does anyone have a working .env for hou 17.5 with arnold & GDT installed?

Thanks,
jasper
Ambrosiussen
planetx
Hi,

Still the same problem for me, even worse now on 17.5 with GameDev 1.131 - I can't get it to work again. Unless I disable GameDev entries, Arnold won't work.

Thanks,
jasper

As far as I know you need to FIRST load Arnold, and then everything else. So if that's not yet the case, try doing that. (I'm not quite sure why, but that fixed it for other users in the past)

Paul
particleflow
Ambrosiussen
planetx
Hi,

Thanks,
jasper

As far as I know you need to FIRST load Arnold, and then everything else. So if that's not yet the case, try doing that. (I'm not quite sure why, but that fixed it for other users in the past)

Paul
Hi,
In this way, I can start the Houdini, Arnold, and gamedevtool correctly.
But when I open an existing hip file directly, all of the shop Arnold nodes are lost.Creating from there is no problem.Only disabling gamedevtool in env can solve this problem.

And some Settings are generated in the console in addition to the normal reports
like this:
HTOA environment variable already set to CUsers/16104/htoa/htoa-4.0.2_r236e192_houdini-17.5.229/htoa-4.0.2_r236e192_houdini-17.5.229
HTOA environment variable already set to CUsers/16104/htoa/htoa-4.0.2_r236e192_houdini-17.5.229/htoa-4.0.2_r236e192_houdini-17.5.229

The new revision.
It's not just gamedevtool.
In houdini17.5, htoa4.0 was loaded with any plugins to cause this problem.Setting it up correctly only helps me use the tools properly.But double-clicking on the hip file will still lose the Arnold material.
Ambrosiussen
Hey, best to send this to support@sidefx.com
This seems more like a Houdini problem than a GameDevToolset problem
They will be better suited to look at your issue I think
Tyler Britton2
I am running into this problem as well. I have Arnold, and when I installed GameDev tools all my shaders went away. It happens with new scenes as well as existing scenes. I checked my $PATH and $HOUDINI_PATH vars and they seem to be loading all the proper stuff from a glance.
Matvey Sheludyakov
Tyler Britton2
I am running into this problem as well. I have Arnold, and when I installed GameDev tools all my shaders went away. It happens with new scenes as well as existing scenes. I checked my $PATH and $HOUDINI_PATH vars and they seem to be loading all the proper stuff from a glance.

#PATH = “$PATH;C:/Users/User/htoa/htoa-5.1.0_r9289183_houdini-18.0.348/htoa-5.1.0_r9289183_houdini-18.0.348/scripts/bin”
#HOUDINI_PATH = “C:/Users/User/htoa/htoa-5.1.0_r9289183_houdini-18.0.348/htoa-5.1.0_r9289183_houdini-18.0.348;&”
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.