Search - User list
Full Version: I click on the command line - the top line - they turn blue
Root » Technical Discussion » I click on the command line - the top line - they turn blue
jay s wilson
Hi. Complete novice here.
I downloaded the Houdini Apprentice Edition, yesterday 19 feb.
It appears to have been successfully installed.
But, when I click on the command line - the top line - files through help.
They turn blue and - - -
I go to License Adminstrator and click on File and View - they turn blue and - zero.
Obliviously, I have done something wrong.
Any advise.
I am behind a firewall. My system a dual 800, running on 2000.
Uninstall and . . .
stevenong
Hi Jay,

May we know what graphics card are you using? Also, have you downloaded the latest drivers for it?

Thanks!

Cheers!
steven
jay s wilson
I have a dual monitor card a Appian Pro.
Its driver is a win2kv107p2.

I did again uninstall - reinstalled and same problem.

I can not open anything - ie Licenses Administrator ( can go to the Installed Licenses and Server Info) but can not change, so I cannot run halo ect.

I can start Master, and it appears to let me change Xform info, crop, view.

But, no pull downs appear under - file - edit - options - dialogs - desktops - help.

all in all very sad.
stevenong
Hi Jay,

I did a quick search of the Internet & found that the Appian pro card uses a Permedia 2 chipset.

Unfortunately, the chipset is not certified to run Houdini. Please go to this link [sidefx.com] for a systems requirement guide.

The above said, maybe you would like to try downloading drivers from 3Dlabs [3dlabs.com]? I'm not sure if they will work with your graphics card though.

One workaround is to use software OpenGL to run Houdini on your system. Please go to this link [sidefx.com] for instructions on how to set HOUDINI_OGL_SOFTWARE in Windows.

Please note that the above workaround will cause Houdini to lose some interactiveness.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Cheers!
steven
stevenong
Hi Jay,

I did a quick search of the Internet & found that the Appian pro card uses a Permedia 2 chipset.

Unfortunately, the chipset is not certified to run Houdini. Please go to this link [sidefx.com] for a systems requirement guide.

The above said, maybe you would like to try downloading drivers from 3Dlabs [3dlabs.com]? I'm not sure if they will work with your graphics card though.

One workaround is to use software OpenGL to run Houdini on your system. Please go to this link [sidefx.com] for instructions on how to set HOUDINI_OGL_SOFTWARE in Windows.

Please note that the above workaround will cause Houdini to lose some interactiveness.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Cheers!
steven
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.