Search - User list
Full Version: Maya Not updating, when attributes changed
Root » Houdini Engine for Maya » Maya Not updating, when attributes changed
schiho
Hi,

so far the houdini engine works good, but in some scenarios, it doesn't update. I have a houdini engine OTL, that only consists of a alembic node that read's precached point data. When I load the houdini OTL it will automatically be converted to Nucleus particles, which works as expected and pscale, color is correctly transferred.

However, I have a transform and Color Node attached to the alembic Node and when I change their values, it's not drawn, it only recooks/refreshes when I change a frame.

Any help appreciated.
juliap
A couple of questions:

What's the start frame on your alembic cache? If your Maya frame is before the start frame it may not updata as expected (although if you got the particles out correctly in the initial sync this is probably not the problem)

if you do a:
dgdirty -a
after modifying one of those parm attributes, does it update?
If you do:
houdiniAsset -syncAttributes -sync “yourAssetNode”
does it update?

Not that you should have to do the above to get the right output, I'm just trying to narrow down where the problem is
schiho
Thanks for helping to narrow it down. I've had already tried couple of things, but we can exclude

1) There is cache in the framerange (the cache is updated but not updates like a change in color)
2) I had checked dgdirty -a already but that wasn't actually triggering any updates
3) houdiniAsset -syncAttributes -sync “yourAssetNode” didn't trigger any updates either.

We are using houdini 16 and maya 2016.5
schiho
Just realized, that this is related to Houdini 16.0, it works fine with Houdini 16.5 and it's Houdini engine for Maya 2016.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.