Search - User list
Full Version: Objects do not appear in 3ds Max
Root » Houdini Engine for 3ds Max » Objects do not appear in 3ds Max
Stu22
Hi there I am following along with this tutorial [www.youtube.com] but when I try to load the hda file in 3ds max nothing happens. I select the hda file directory and press load but nothing seems to be happening. Any advice?

I have the object condensed into a subnet and believe I've followed the steps exactly
BrookeA
Which version of Houdini 17 are you using? Apprentice/Indie/Core/FX?

Also: check the “Session” tab to make sure that a Houdini session is currently active.
Stu22
Thanks for your reply. Im using the latest version of apprentice available on the sidefx website. I had double checked the session tab and it said that the session had started. Im using 3ds max 2018 if thats relevant
BrookeA
Unfortunately, Houdini Engine is not available in Apprentice. It's failing to load the assets because it is failing the license check.
Stu22
….ah…. i see….

Thanks for your help though!
Koreesh
I had the same experience. It is too bad, it would a good way to attract new users as it exactly shows the power of houdini compared to 3d max.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.