Search - User list
Full Version: Stop Engine from loading on startup
Root » Houdini Engine for 3ds Max » Stop Engine from loading on startup
peteski
Hi all,

Is there an option somewhere to stop engine from loading when you load max (other than removing it). I don't always want to use it and the popup is getting a bit annoying.

Thanks,
Pete
BrookeA
If you're using a recent build, there are options for configuring this in the Options tab.

You can configure both whether you want a session to automatically start, and whether you want the window to automatically open when 3ds Max starts.
peteski
Ahh thanks BrandonA, I'll have to grab the update.
frost-xyz
Running latest build, and don't see options for this, just options for Root node and Startup and Asset directories. Wouldn't be so bad if you can set a position for the pane, but it always resets to be at the bottom of the Command Panel which is not useful. Am I missing something?
BrookeA
If you open the Houdini Engine menu and select Version Information, what build number is it showing?
frost-xyz
Houdini version 17.0.352
Houdini Engine: 3.2 (API 28)
BrookeA
Hi! The options were not available yet in that build. You will have to update to a more recent daily build.
frost-xyz
Okay, thanks.
Jixal
Hello,

I'm having this problem too using version Houdini 17.0.416 with Indie Engine license & 3DS Max 2017.

I can see the tickbox for Auto startup in the options tab. However, even when it's unticked it still loads up on startup.
It's a not a deal breaker just slightly annoying.
vusta
no it doesn't. The pane is there but it doesn't auto start the session.

If you don't want to see the pane then……..logically, untick the next checkbox.
Jixal
Oops; you are definitely correct Vusta.

I was being daft and not reading everything properly.
Totally blanked over the “Open the plugin pane when 3ds Max starts” text.

Thanks for pointing out my simple error.
robob3ar
Jixal
Oops; you are definitely correct Vusta.

I was being daft and not reading everything properly.
Totally blanked over the “Open the plugin pane when 3ds Max starts” text.

Thanks for pointing out my simple error.

..damn same thing, the naming of it is actually not good, it should be “autostart houdini engine with 3dsmax” .. anything auto start, auto load is what my mind is looking for - developers, take a note pls
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.