Search - User list
Full Version: RBD FBX import to UE4 display issue?
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » RBD FBX import to UE4 display issue?
jerryace
I exported a simple rbd simulation from houdini to UE4,everything is work except the diplay(In Unity,it's display right).Is that because normal or hard edge?
In houdini

In UE4
Ambrosiussen
Hi, that probably has to do with your normals. What shading mode are you using inside Houdini? Try setting it to smooth shaded, which should give you a more accurate preview.

To fix your issue in Unreal, make sure you have correct Vertex normals in Houdini before exporting. (create these before your geometry goes into your simulation)

Paul
jerryace
Ambrosiussen
Hi, that probably has to do with your normals. What shading mode are you using inside Houdini? Try setting it to smooth shaded, which should give you a more accurate preview.

To fix your issue in Unreal, make sure you have correct Vertex normals in Houdini before exporting. (create these before your geometry goes into your simulation)

Paul
Thank you Ambrosiussen!I'll try again follow your suggestion.
jerryace
Ambrosiussen

Paul
The shading model in that picture is flat shaded
jerryace
This is display in Houdini.N is on vertex now ,How can I fix this normal?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.