Search - User list
Full Version: expressions getting lost when duplicating hda autorig, HOW To please!?
Root » Technical Discussion » expressions getting lost when duplicating hda autorig, HOW To please!?
neTonni
so i've created a simple character and rigged it with stretching bones with the auto-rig. (which works pretty awesome)
When i try to duplicate or copy the created hda asset in the asset manager it loosing all the codes in the hidden parameters that take care of the stretchy bones.
So basically it ruins the rig as soon as you want to version up the hda with the rig.

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong.

Cheers
Michiel
goldfarb
hi
I've been trying to reproduce this in a number of different builds and that same thing happened a couple of times - but then it stopped
I'll do some more investigating, but in the mean time - to version up a rig you can, in the Autorig pane do:
File > New From - HDA Session
give the new asset the versioned up name
then generate the rig.

hope that helps
neTonni
it solved.

we had to edit the parameters of the asset, select them all and “make current value default”
After this we could duplicate and copy the hda asset and it kept working.

cheers
Michiel
goldfarb
I should have asked what build are you using? - the “make current value default” was an issue that was fixed some time ago.
neTonni
Yeah, where working back in an 16.5 version now. forgot that aswell
goldfarb
ah - try to upgrade if you can.
neTonni
We tried in the new version and the same problem existed.
goldfarb
neTonni
We tried in the new version and the same problem existed.
what version did you try?
I just tested this in today's build 17.0.451 and things seem ok.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.