Search - User list
Full Version: map value in chop
Root » Houdini Lounge » map value in chop
metaclay
how to map value in CHOP?
something like maping the whatever output of a node to value between 0 and 1 automatically. i can use math CHOP , in range tab , set from range & to range. But using this way, i have to type the min - max value of the input (the input min-max i can see by MMB).

is there any other chop that can do this better?
or what variables that store the min/max output of a node?

thanx
JColdrick
You'll need to feed the incoming min and max to the Math CHOP, which can be done automatically by using icmin() and icmax() in the “From” range in the Math CHOP. For example,

icmax(0,0) returns the maximum value of the first index of the first channel incoming to the Math CHOP.

Cheers,

J.C.
stevenong
Hi,

Look at the icmin() and icmax() functions. Do exhelp in the textport on how to use them. Just put the respective functions into the Min and Max fields for the input & everything should map to 0 and 1 or the range you specify.

Cheers!
steven
metaclay
thanx guys,

just curious : when using geo CHOP to grab attrib, MMB : i can see the min/max globally, but also there are min/max perpoint . is this information also available through some variable?

and also , does anyone know how to smooth curve in chop?
example : if my ch curve is jaggies , how to make it smooth?
is there any op that can do it better than spline CHOP?

thanx.
aracid
if my ch curve is jaggies , how to make it smooth

have u tried using a filter chop to soften the jaggies?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.