Search - User list
Full Version: Interface freezing regularly for a few seconds
Root » Houdini Lounge » Interface freezing regularly for a few seconds
alastair
Hello

I am using Apprentice at home and the interface freezes every couple of minutes for a couple of seconds. This pattern continues indefinitely. Anyone had this and know a solution? I recently upgraded my card thinking this was the problem (previously a georce 760 or something like that)

Windows 8.1 64bit
1070 ti graphics with latest drivers

Thanks
bobc4d
when you say interface do you mean adding nodes? if that is case it could be your antivirus, I had an issue where when I select a node it took about 3-5 seconds for it to pop up. I was running malwarebytes, removed it and now nodes popup as soon as selected.
alastair
It mean any interaction with the software: camera manipulation, menu selection, node selection, tab key, you name it.
alastair
I saw your old post from 2016 about this. I've just turned off Malwarebytes and it looks like that might be the culprit. Did you ever figure out a way of them living happily together or is it a case of whenever you need to use Houdini you just turn malwarebytes off?
bobc4d
from what I have been able to determine, it is far easier to turn Malwarebytes off when running Houdini. I could not get them to play well together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.