Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini v9?
Root » Houdini Lounge » Houdini v9?
stevester1
Anyone else thinking that the sneek peek banner on http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=524&Itemid=66 [sidefx.com]
contains little water drops for a reason? could it be a fluid solver?

Please tell me it is!!!

(if it was just a “random” design for the banner, my apologies, it's just that fluids are often mentioned on the forums, and maybe they included them and what not …thanks)
Le_monkey_butt
olala… if they do well done to them… They may surprise us again, although good Fluids ask some time to be developed properly. Better to wait and have something solid, not like certain schmsoftware I wont name :roll:
But as I have been told in the past… as long the result is there, we dont care how you do it!
Also, it will surprise some competitors who dont think they can be beaten.
stevester1
Le_monkey_butt
olala… if they do well done to them… They may surprise us again, although good Fluids ask some time to be developed properly. Better to wait and have something solid, not like certain schmsoftware I wont name :roll:
But as I have been told in the past… as long the result is there, we dont care how you do it!
Also, it will surprise some competitors who dont think they can be beaten.

It's funny cuz im 99% sure I know exacly the ones you're talking bout, and it's not like I have the money (YET!) to buy houdini, but cmon now, we'd all be drooling at the sight of houdini having a fluid solver (a good one lol, not a “realslow” one…if you get what I mean) haha sorry no pun intended.

thanks for the fast answer
Hazoc
The very tiny drops are a clear indication of a simulation :idea:
Le_monkey_butt
I would just add that if; in one year the SESI team put together a fluid system better than let say Realflow! It would be wonderful! and I will “tire mon chapeau” once more to SESI…
jesta
Hazoc
The very tiny drops are a clear indication of a simulation :idea:

And the reflection of the 9 is a very clear indication that we're actually going to revert back a few versions.
This undoubtedly means the model SOP will be returnig.
wolfwood
jesta in a stroke of comedic genius
And the reflection of the 9 is a very clear indication that we're actually going to revert back a few versions.

My machine mysteriously rebooted (*cough* JC *cough*) before I was done and I completely forgot what I was going to say…….. and now I can't delete my post…..

Anyway….. Well said Jerry.
ReggieFourmyle
jesta
I don't understand, the model sop was in version 6?
JColdrick
It was a pun. No, a palindrome.

First thought on seeing those drops, Wolfwood thought the same: “hmm, improved metaball support…”.

Cheers,

J.C.

P.S. We are so very, very nasty…
Le_monkey_butt
First thought on seeing those drops, Wolfwood thought the same: “hmm, improved metaball support…”.

Or worse.. made with another package… and imported to houdini!
jesta
ReggieFourmyle
I don't understand, the model sop was in version 6?

Nop, I think it got binned after v4.

I was just hilariously alluding to to notion that Houdini was going back in time as inferred by the v9 sneak peek picture.

As obviously Artist:Floyd's images on the SESI site clearly allude to new improved bendy support in v8.
jesta
Le_monkey_butt
Or worse.. made with another package… and imported to houdini!

Oh you cynical monkey!
lisux
Fortunately SESI haven't used donkeys, monkeys, or anything else in the logo, otherwise I can't imagine the discussions it would have created.
How many words only for some water drops in a logo, what's next?
craig
I think this is how astrology got started. “Look up there, don't those stars kinda look like a bear, if you squint a little?”

And the rest is history.
mark
craig
I think this is how astrology got started. “Look up there, don't those stars kinda look like a bear, if you squint a little?”

Looks more like a Plough to me.
EigenAlex
is it “sneek peek” or is it “sneak peek”?
jason_iversen
mark
craig

Looks more like a Plough to me.

Carl Sagan puts me to sleep every night since the discovery that all the Cosmos episodes are available out there…
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7159386514488323966&q=carl+sagan [video.google.com]
Simon
Maybe those drops of water are merely indicating that Sesi have finally updated the glass shader……. :roll:
lisux
Simon
Maybe those drops of water are merely indicating that Sesi have finally updated the glass shader……. :roll:
:wink:
Great!
JohnBardakos
maybe it is just a typo and the K of PEEK wasnt meant to exist…

having it like “SNEAK PEE” the liquid drops are easily justified….

:-)

of course on the other hand the number of drops is 10 ..which is a great number in arithmology :-)….

PS.Lisux congratulations for Spain's basketball world championship… :evil:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.