Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini 8.1 on Ebay
Root » Houdini Lounge » Houdini 8.1 on Ebay
Dryrainstudios
Howdo one and all,

I just thought i'd bring your attention to this on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290054964451 [cgi.ebay.co.uk]

The guy sounds genuine and has 9 licences to include in this package. I was going to keep it quiet but the man wont sell for $100 so I am out of the running.

He also answers his emails quite quickly too.

Good luck and if any one does want to sell a licence for $100…you know who to call

Adrian
futnuh
It's most likely a scam. Are the commercial licenses even transferable. Certainly SESI isn't going to look kindly (and rightfully so) upon someone who pays a pittance and then wants to purchase an annual upgrade plan …
Dryrainstudios
That might be true, but I dont know enough about the licences to ask those sort of questions. I've been using the free licence when I wasn't at uni or work. Try emailing the guy and see if you can suss him out. Im sure the licences can be traced if they were registered.

This i swhat he said to me in an email
“…Also please note i payed close to $25,000 for all this software includeing the licences so the programs and all the licence keys will not be selling for $100 it also will not be selling for higher than $10,000”

if somebody with experience of licences could ask the questions that would be useful.

There is the old addage that if it looks too good to be true it probably is but you wouldn't normally look on ebay for this. I came across it because I was lookling for houdini tutorial dvd's.

I just don't know any more.
pbowmar
This is definitely a scam. The licenses are cracks, and anyone who gives the guy money will be the victim of fraud and most likely just lose all their money. Side Effects will not recognize these licenses. Please report him to Ebay immediately as a seller of pirate software.

The _only_ way to acquire a legal license of Houdini is from Side Effects.

Cheers,

Peter B
stevenong
The seller posted it again [cgi.ebay.co.uk] and he increased the selling price. Surprise, surprise.

For those with eBay accounts who wants to report the item, please go to this link [pages.ebay.co.uk] or this [pages.ebay.co.uk].

Cheers!
steven
pbowmar
It's good for people to report it, but SESI has to officially declare to Ebay that's a copyright infringement for it to have any weight… I just hope some poor sucker doesn't fall for it.

I once talked to a guy when I was doing support who had bought a “special license free” version of Houdini for $100 or something. I felt so bad for the guy, he lost his money for something worthless (

cheers,

Peter B
Dryrainstudios
Should probably report this guy too http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZfedeQ2eter [search.ebay.co.uk]

ok so…
you can only get a licence from SESI and can't pass on your licence on, but you wouldn't want to as you get free upgades and support when you pay for a full licence.

There are no extra software bits that are needed or that you get with the licence key

these are all things the bloke said to me through email and as I had never bought a full licence and didn't know, although I did think the extra bits was a bit odd.

I'll put in a report tonight
flipper2007
i did not know about this i did some looking up on this program and learded i payed for :roll: what he sayed the wrong items looks like in the end i get scamed i should have done looking up before i payed for it.I am sorry for this i have not sold it and will not be posting it or useing it again.I lost money looks like i have to make some calls also.Once again i am very sorry i have mailed you dry i can show proof of no bids.Very sorry about that i didnt intend on scameing any one i thought what i bought was real also.
flipper2007
i did not know about this i did some looking up on this program and learded i payed for :roll: what he sayed the wrong items looks like in the end i get scamed i should have done looking up before i payed for it.I am sorry for this i have not sold it and will not be posting it or useing it again.I lost money looks like i have to make some calls also.Once again i am very sorry i have mailed you dry i can show proof of no bids.Very sorry about that i didnt intend on scameing any one i thought what i bought was real also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.