Search - User list
Full Version: Browsing a Forum search gives Firefox POSTDATA warning
Root » Houdini Lounge » Browsing a Forum search gives Firefox POSTDATA warning
futnuh
Does anyone else encounter the following (minor) annoyance?

1) Click on the “search” link above
2) Pick a keyword topic and hit the “search” button
3) Hopefully you've got a long list of candidiate posts. Pick one and - I can't help thinking of it this way - “descend” into it.
4) Imagine this post doesn't solve your problem. Hit your browser's “back” button to return to the candidate list of topics.

At this point I get an annoying warning from my browser that “the page you are loading contains POST data that has expired from the cache.”

Is there an easy fix for this?
stevenong
Hi,

This isn't the solution you're looking for but since you're using Firefox, you can middle click on any of the topics & it will open a new window or tab, depending on your settings. This way, your search results will always remain while you can read the topics you chose in the new window or tab. After you're done with them, you can close them and return to the search results for more.

Hope the above helps!

Cheers!
steven
craig
Well looky there, I never knew that!

Thanks - that's one less pet peeve.
futnuh
Thanks for the tip Steven. I notice though that the Ogre (Open-source Graphics Engine) forums don't have this problem, http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/search.php [ogre3d.org], and appear to be run by the same software. It must be a configuration setting. They also seem to be a lot more responsive (and higher traffic). Any idea what kind of machine/connectivity SESI is running the system on? Or should I rephrase, of course you know/knew but are you allowed to tell ;-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.