Search - User list
Full Version: Mapbox not downloading correct latitude and longitude data
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Mapbox not downloading correct latitude and longitude data
phinnaeus
I'm using the Mapbox sop and when I select the location I require (Seattle) It downloads a completely different area of the globe (Russia). I've checked if I have the correct latitude and longitude and re-input them in the sop and refreshed, but still its the wrong location. Is this a bug in Houdini or a problem with the Mapbox site ?

Tried both these versions

Houdini 17.5.173
Houdini 17.0.352
Siavash Tehrani
I believe that's a bug in the current version of the tool. I ran into the same thing a couple of days ago.
BabaJ
Yeah…I just tried to start using mapbox. Same issue. I keep getting it defaulting to Spain.

Would be nice to have this bug sorted out, otherwise it's a bit of learning curve to figure out how to access the same area manually at mapbox itself.
mestela
It's been fixed in the development build as of about 5 days ago:

https://github.com/sideeffects/GameDevelopmentToolset/commit/ea72b0cf6510988cd9cd175c99b675289df539ab [github.com]
BabaJ
Thanks for heads up…I downloaded the production build same day I posted here.

Going with the ‘daily’ build resolved it.
lkruel
Bumped the production release to the one with this fix in it.

Sorry for the inconvenience
BabaJ
No problem….your work in streamlining whats necessary to get the data into houdini is appreciated.

I had a look around the mapbox website and realized it would have taken me a while to get up to snuff with what I guess is some python scripting and things like reading json files, to do what you already have done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.