Search - User list
Full Version: GameDev Texture Sheets Renders Black Normal Sheet
Root » Houdini for Realtime » GameDev Texture Sheets Renders Black Normal Sheet
JoseDGarcia
Hi, I started learning Houdini recently, was doing some Pyro sims in Houdini 17.5.

I use the shelf T sheets to create a Mantra. I manage to get really good Volume and RGB Lights Pass, however whenever I render out the Normals, its just Black.

I know I could just use the RGB pass as normals, but I really want to have normals for UE4. So i am unsure if a miss a step or something.

Raconite
I've been having a similar problem with rgb not showing up, or showing up as weird artifact-y mess, hopefully someone has some input as the texture sheet function has been giving me headaches non stop with its refusal to cooperate
bkohrman
I'm getting the same problem. Have you figured this out?
bkohrman
I figured it out! The normals ARE in fact rendering correctly. They are just rendering in a different channel, and you can't see it in photoshop. You can see it in mplay if you switch from the C channel to the N channel. Also, the packed map and other tiled maps DO show up correctly (and you'll probably find them in the $HIP/export folder).

Just thought I'd post in case anyone else is running into this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.