Search - User list
Full Version: RBD vertex animation subframe interpolation
Root » Houdini for Realtime » RBD vertex animation subframe interpolation
mcfx
Hey, really enjoying the rbd vertex exporter. I want to expand the provided UE4 shader to handle sub frame interpolation. I've got it close, but something is off with the slerp I am applying to my current and next read in quaternion. Couple questions, in the written out texture, I see the channels G & B swapped, and RGB inverted. Is this to offset the world position? If I read this quaternion in as a color and append the the alpha, is it restored as the correct quaterion? I'm including my hlsl custom slerp code. Its not exploding, but definitly not working as intended. Any thoughts? Has someone already cracked this?





Custom HLSL code for slerp:
float dotp = dot(normalize(q1), normalize(q2));
if ((dotp > 0.9999) || (dotp<-0.9999))
{
if (t<=0.5)
return q1;
return q2;
}
float theta = acos(dotp);
float4 P = ((q1*sin((1-t)*theta) + q2*sin(t*theta)) / sin(theta));
P.w = 1;
return P;
mcfx
My slerp code was incorrect. This solved my problem.

https://gist.github.com/mattatz/40a91588d5fb38240403f198a938a593 [gist.github.com]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.