Search - User list
Full Version: Slow UI Performance
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » Slow UI Performance
v_chernobay
Hi!

HDA interactivity in Unity with complex UI which include tens parameters are very slow.
The performance was significantly increased, when I removed a huge part of the parameters from the type properties.
How can I improve performance with complex UI?
seelan
This has been an ongoing problem, mainly due to the serialization mechanism in Unity for undo. But I can take a look at it again to see if there are any areas for improvement. Could you tell me what type of parms were causing the slow down? Any reproducible HDAs that you can provide?

Also which Unity version.
v_chernobay
The slowest parameter is ramp. But performance also depends heavily on the number of other parameters.
Attached files have two simple assets.
The first is just a sphere with one parameter for adjust scale.
In the second, the same sphere with the same parameter, but also added parameters for complicating the interface, which are not involved within the asset itself.
And they still reduce the performance of the interface.

Houdini version - 17.5.258
Unity version - 2018.4.0f1

But this problem was also in earlier versions.
seelan
Thanks for the details. I'll investigate further.
Bill_Sansky
Hi, I am bumping this thread because I am having problems with performance too, Unity ends up freezing for a few seconds whenever I update one parameter, but the network is really not that heavy. The same thing happens when updating a point of a curve that is used by an HDA, it cooks for a few seconds at least wherein Houdini it's instant.

Any idea how to solve this issue?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.