Search - User list
Full Version: Deadline Scheduler, Hython Paths
Root » PDG/TOPs » Deadline Scheduler, Hython Paths
sam-s
I've been trying to setup deadlinescheduler in 17.5 and keep getting errors in deadline saying:

Houdini 16_0 hython executable was not found in the semicolon separated list

I've looked into the deadline plugin options and they seem alright for the versions we have on the machines:

I'm setting up a direct path to C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini17.5\bin\Hython.exe in the schedulers options. I'm not too sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be great!
seelan
Hi Sam,

We coordinated over support to resolve your issue, but I'll update the thread here in case others are running into similar issues.

The error you were getting was due to using the Houdini render plugin in Deadline. For PDG, we only recommend using the CommandLine plugin in Deadline to schedule PDG jobs. Deadline's Houdini render plugin wouldn't work for PDG because its specific to running a render (mantra) job (and not general jobs that PDG requires). The CommandLine plugin is set by default in the TOP's Deadline node, on the Plugin parm.

Also, the CommandLine plugin needed to be enabled via Deadline's Monitor's Plugin settings window. See screenshot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.