Search - User list
Full Version: how to rename attributes?
Root » PDG/TOPs » how to rename attributes?
Andr
Let's say I have 2 workitems coming from 2 geos.
Each workitem has the same named attribute, but of different data type.
Example: “myAttribute” on w1 is a float, while “myAttribute” on w2 is a integer Array.
I have to combine the two workitems into a single partition, so I need to rename “myAttribute” on each workitems to have an unique name, so that the two attributes don't get lost when merged into the partition.

I can't find any function in the API to do that. I was looking for something like renameAttrib(old_name, new_name)

So far, a workaround I'm trying to implement is to create a new attrib from scratch, copy the values from “myAttribute” and remove the latter.
To do so I should first find the data type of “myAttribute”, so that I can use it to drive the conditions to pick the appropriate set*() function.

This workaround seems lot of work for such a simple task, and also not very efficient (create new attr, copy values, and delete original attr).

So, there's really no simpler solution for attribute renaming? Have I overlooked anything maybe?

cheers and thanks for any help
chrisgreb
Sounds like a good RFE - although you could roll your own attributerename using a pythonprocessor node if it's more than a one-off
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.