Search - User list
Full Version: hou.perfMon + PDG?
Root » PDG/TOPs » hou.perfMon + PDG?
Andr
Is there any way to use the performance monitor with PDG?
I would like to save a profile.csv for each sop_graph/workitem that I'm writing down to disk, in order to have precise stats of each node of the sop, for each cooked workitem.

thanks!
kenxu
The performance monitor is currently set up to measure the sum of all workitem times within a processor. It is not set to use wall clock time - which, arguably may be more useful. We have an RFE for that.

However, what you are wanting to do seems to be just accessing each of the workitem's cook time, of which there should be an attribute on the workitem that you can access.
Andr
hello Ken,
I need a more granular analysis than the simple workitem cooking time of the Task Graph.

Example:
In TOPs I'm wedging few parameters of a Sop graph that builds a house.
There are 4 workitems representing 4 different variations of the house.

I want to profile the sop graph itself on each of the 4 iterations.
So, if the house is being built with 3 nodes, I need those 3 nodes profiled 4 times.
At the end it's like a normal profiling with a performance monitor window.
That's why I was asking if I could somehow launch it via python on each workitem cook.

Thanks again and sorry for these trivial questions, PDG is still black magic to me eheh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.