Search - User list
Full Version: Problem - cooktime vs. rendertime Ropfetch node
Root » PDG/TOPs » Problem - cooktime vs. rendertime Ropfetch node
mmracht
Hello dear community and sidefx,

I'm currently trying to shift my workflow to a pdg/top style when wedging and checking results.

Therefore i created a simple Sphere object with a mountain sop. The height and time aare wedged.

the topnet is working fine so far, but when it comes to rendering there is an issue with the cook times of the ropfetch.

i attached the hipfile so maybe someone can help m e debug it.

Win 10
houdini fx 17.5.258
Redshift 2.6.43

mmracht
After some help from support it turns out, its because I submit only 1 frame per batch and the overhead is causing the delay.

So choosing “all frames in one batch” or chossing a number like 10 frames per batch will render much more quickly.

But now i have the problem that the workitems are only completet for the first frame although the rop is rendering all of them.
tpetrick
Are your ROP fetches pointing to ROP networks instead of actual ROPs? Batching requries that the target ROP has the pre/post frame callback hooks, since the batch sub items need to communicate back to PDG when they finish. If the ROP Fetch points to a ROP network (as opposed to a particular ROP), this won't work.
mmracht
thanks a lot, everythings working now
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.