Search - User list
Full Version: Most optimal way of getting list of HDA parameters
Root » Houdini Engine API » Most optimal way of getting list of HDA parameters
tpastyrik2k
Hi guys,

in my pipeline, I have a stage which is collecting dependencies and loading input parameters of all HDAs we load with Houdini Engine.
E.g. now I have to:

• load the hda
  • HAPI_CreateNode to load my digital asset
  • HAPI_GetNodeInfo to get number of params
  • HAPI_GetParameters to load the parameters defined in the HDA

This is all working, but is very slow due to all the work HAPI_CreateNode is doing, if networks in my HDA are big and deep.
At this stage, I just need to load the parameters and kill the session, do not need to cook the asset, or anything.
My question thus is:

Is it possible to load the HDA params without actually loading all the asset networks? Or is there a way of speeding this up somehow?

Thanks!
Kind regards
Tom
seelan
HAPI_CreateNode has a cook_on_creation argument, which you can try setting it to false. But I don't remember if that will still give you the parameters or not via HAPI_GetParameters. Try it out if you haven't.
tpastyrik2k
Hi seelan,

thank you, this was the first thing I checked unfortunately - I already have it as false.
If anyone has some other suggestion, or we could make this a feature request, I would be really grateful.

Cheers
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.