Search - User list
Full Version: Odd behavior of OverlayText (ROP Composite Output): It does not like frame numbers
Root » PDG/TOPs » Odd behavior of OverlayText (ROP Composite Output): It does not like frame numbers
Niels Provos
I was running a wedging simulation and wanted to use OverlayText to overlay the wedge attributes. I noticed that ROP Composite Output would not generate any output or only generate it sometimes or write it to the wrong directory. It was a little bit difficult to figure out if this was HQueue related or not. I finally reproduced it reliably. It always happens when the frame number is > 1.0.

I have attached a HIP file that reproduces this reliably. This seems quite odd.

Am I doing something wrong?

(This happens on Mac OS X and Windows).
chrisgreb
This is something that has been fixed in the next major release but hasn't been backported yet, we will update this bug when it has been.

This behavior is because the file parm on the File COP is set to @pdg_input. @pdg_input make the parm time-dependent. The File COP is then mistakenly inferring that the file must be part of a sequence of frames and then gets confused by the suffix of filename that it's given.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.