Search - User list
Full Version: PDG HQueue Scheduler is slow
Root » PDG/TOPs » PDG HQueue Scheduler is slow
adam_perin
last week or so i have started messing around with using PDG in out pipeline for creating geometry/volumes. I finally feel like I have my head wrapped around the top nodes and am getting decent results. Today I went and took the steps to install Hqueue clients on a couple of machines to try out the Hqueue Scheduler. I believe i have it setup as intended (matching the sidefx video tutorial) but I'm not getting results I would except. Even when running the client and server on the same machine I am seeing much much slower times with the Hqueue over the local scheduler. What takes 1 minute locally takes 5 minutes when run through Hqueue… again client and server running on the same single computer. Do you guys have any tips or known issues that might help? If there is anymore information i can supply please let me know.
BrookeA
Hi!

Would you be able to post an example .hip file that is experiencing the slowness with HQueue that you are describing?
adam_perin
I m not sure what i did but im now able to get much better results. Thanks for replying and if it shows up again ill try and provide more info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.