Search - User list
Full Version: How to correctly use ROP Alembic
Root » PDG/TOPs » How to correctly use ROP Alembic
ralphymeijer
I'm testing some setups to automate some vellum sim jobs where I load different type of collision objects coming from shots,process them and then write out the result per shot to alembic. The first bit is working fine as expected where I load in the collision objects with a file pattern, in this example I have 3 objects. Then I use the Rop Geometry to process them for 150 frames, creating a total of 450 work items. I then partition them based on the original object so I got 3 work items again. This is what I feed in to the Rop Alembic. This is where I can't get it to work and it's probably my lack of knowledge of PDG. What is the correct way of using the Rop Alembic in this case. I tried looking at the examples but that only handles single frame alembics.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance!

kenxu
The ropalembic would expect regular workitems and not a partition as input. Try to put the ropalembic just above the partition by attribute. Turn on “all frames in one batch”, and leave the partitioning to later?
ralphymeijer
Thanks for your reply!

I expected that since it sort of worked when I tried that before. However is there a way to sort the workitems based on for example an attribute. Now the workitems are sorted the following: box.0001.bgeo, sphere.0001.bgeo, torus.0001.bgeo, box.0002.bgeo, sphere.0002.bgeo etc. It would be handy if I could sort them box.0001.bgeo, box.0002.bgeo, sphere.0001.bgeo, sphere.0002.bgeo etc. That way I can still split them in the wanted files based on the frame range.
ralphymeijer
Never mind I found the sort node. Thank you very much for your help! I think I figured it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.