Search - User list
Full Version: Render in Houdini. Increase Redshift speed when replacing a video card
Root » 3rd Party » Render in Houdini. Increase Redshift speed when replacing a video card
iskan
Good day to everyone, Question about the render in Houdini.
I work with Redshift, the scene (as an example), the frame (picture) (HDTV1080) takes 20 minutes. Plans to speed up the rendering process.
Iron costs:
-I7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz;
Video card nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB;
RAM 16 GB;
- motherboard B360M H;

I plan to buy:
RAM (+ 16GB);
-video card is one of three (the difference in price, how it will affect the rendering is not known, I do not want to overpay):
1. MSI nVidia GeForce RTX 2080Ti, RTX 2080 Ti LIGHTNING, 11GB, GDDR6, Ret.
2. GIGABYTE nVidia GeForce RTX 2080Ti, GV-N208TAORUSX WB-11GC, 11GB, GDDR6, Ret.
3. GIGABYTE nVidia GeForce RTX 2080Ti, GV-N208TAORUS X-11GC, 11GB, GDDR6, Ret.

How many times will the rendering speed increase when buying more RAM and replacing a video card? And what about video cards that cost $ 5000-10000, do they work so fast?
And which PC is needed for the Mantra to compare with the speed of Redshift. The render Mantra is painfully slow, although the best when it comes to fire and smoke.
anon_user_37409885
At a superficial level Redshift scales linearly with the number of cuda cores times MHz up to about 5 cards IIRC.

For Mantra, at a guess, the latest CPU chips might be equal to a Redshift on a GTX970 card.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.