Search - User list
Full Version: PDG Manual Changes
Root » PDG/TOPs » PDG Manual Changes
6ecworks
Hi!

I have small PDG graph that grabbing models by one from disk, doing some basic stuff with it (UV's, materials etc.) Then I load geometry to /geo, in same hip file, where I have camera, lighting setup and render node.
So when I clicking on work items in topnet I see models in scene through the camera.

Here is my question. Basically I have only one angle for camera that is suitable for bunch of models but not for all, so I need to incorporate some manual camera controls and somehow save camera settings for current work item. Is there a way to change camera settings only for certain work items? How can I setup such thing?

Or mb there is a way to save hip file for each work item so I can change camera angles for needed models in different hip files and then render all hips through tops?

Thanks in advance
DominikPott
Hey,

the most straight forward solution I can think of is to use a split node to seperate those workitems with the different camera transform into a seperate stream. Then you should be able to create camera transform attributes and push those onto the camera.
I will try to build a simple example. In the meantime have a look at the split node example scene on how to split specific work items.

Saving differnt hipfiles is also possible but more complex I think. For that the houdini command server should be used. That requires some familiarity with the houdini python api.

Cheers,

Dome
DominikPott
Here is a simple scene which renders differnt cameras for workitem 1 and 3.

Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.