Search - User list
Full Version: Video Tutorial Lava
Root » Houdini Lounge » Video Tutorial Lava
Bernard
Hello,

I'm doing the SideFX video tutorial VOPS Lava 01:

http://odforce.net/downloads/videos/v6/rendering/ [odforce.net]

If I follow the tutorial step by step , then my lava color is not the same as in the tutorial…
What's red in the tutorial is black in my scene…what's black in the tutorial is red in mine…

What can be the cause of this ‘reversed’ image. I'm just following this tutorial, but get a different result…

thanks in advance,

bern
circusmonkey
how the hell did you find those tutorials !?!?!?!?!?

R
graham
Guessing that since those videos were done in older version of Houdini the cellular noise vop has since been changed to output a black border instead of a white border. You can always just throw down a shift range vop and reverse the colors and get the same result as the video.
Bernard
grahamt
Guessing that since those videos were done in older version of Houdini the cellular noise vop has since been changed to output a black border instead of a white border. You can always just throw down a shift range vop and reverse the colors and get the same result as the video.

Thanks Grahamt,

after assigning the displace along normal vop, I get a ‘Yellow’ Flag error on the lava vop saying:

warning (2007) “_vop_displaceAlongNormal_ng_” was declared but never used.

What could this be?

bern
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.