Search - User list
Full Version: Heightfield Output is incorrect when exporting in RGBA
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Heightfield Output is incorrect when exporting in RGBA
etienne_vanier
Hello,

I am trying to make a splatmap for terrain in houdini (to be used in a game engine), however, I am getting an unexpected result:

When putting heightfield layers, including some custom layers created by a Copy Layer node, and I export them as a tga with an alpha channel, it produces erroneous results.

On both images attached here, it displays a simple direction mask. However, when exporting it in RGBA, it's like the layer is multiplied by another sediment-like map, and there are almost no gray areas in it (there are a few gray areas in the correct, leftmost image).

The only difference between the two export nodes are RGB vs RGBA.

Why does this happen, and how could I fix it? Thank you.

PS. I might not use a splatmap in the end result, but I'd still like to export masks to use that info to make the terrain nicer.
eugenesaburov
I did finally found an answer! You have to go into your heightfield output, then to ROP file Output (Single Out) and in Metadata tab choose PNG/TGA Premultiplication to "Unpremultiplied"

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.