Search - User list
Full Version: [GameDevToolkit
Root » Houdini for Realtime » [GameDevToolkit
JakeOpp
Cross post from technical discussions sub-section. I think this may be the better place to post it.

Hi All,

Not sure if unfamiliarity with the way the map baker works in Houdini but I have a set a planks (following an indiepixel tutorial) that I then want to bake down to a flat plane (0-1 UV space) and I keep getting strange artefacting when I am baking my AO map. None of the parameters on the node itself help with the issue since I have changed all of them.

Anyone know why this is happening? I am using surface normal as my projection mode, 3 as max trace distance and all defaults in the AO options.

I've positioned the plane inside the geometry (since thats where I would put it for baking with any other software package) but it doesnt seem to matter whether it is above or below either.

Also, it works on the sop_simple_baker I would just prefer the system to use the single baker.

Any help would be appreciated.
Ambrosiussen
Hi!

Would you mind posting your file so I can take a look at it for you? (or send it to support if you can't share it publicly)

Thanks,
Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.