Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini olt scan path for Maya
Root » Houdini Engine for Maya » Houdini olt scan path for Maya
Mark Wallman
Hi

Is it possible to make a olt scan directory for Maya. What I would like to do it when Maya launches and I run Houdini Engine it looks in a shared folder on our server for the digital assets just like I do with Houdini in my json file. And while I think about it it would be great to set this up for UE4 as well. Best Mark
johnmather
Hi Mark,

After the paths were scanned, how do you envision the user interacting with the results? Do you see us adding a simple browser to the Houdini Engine menu, adding the results to the content browser, etc?
Mark Wallman
Hi

It is really when a user tries to load a digital assest in Maya I can somehow get Maya to point to a certain place on our server to save anyone hunting down the digital asset. Basically a default location to look in.

I am planning on making a lookdev tool with white balls, 18 percent grey balls, and a chrome ball along with an xrite color checker in frame along with other tools.

Best

Mark
johnmather
Do you mean when a user goes to Houdini Engine>Load Asset? If so, how would it work with multiple paths listed in the otl scan path?
Mark Wallman
Hi John. Arr. I see your point. if there was just one for Maya which became the “default place to look”. The user could still load olt's from anywhere. It is pretty much like if you try to load an image in Maya. It will default to “sourceimages” to look first.

Best

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.