Search - User list
Full Version: Can I cook a list of Top networks with another "Main" Top network?
Root » PDG/TOPs » Can I cook a list of Top networks with another "Main" Top network?
EricSheng
I want to cook several Top network one by one. Can I use another Top network to manage other Top networks?
Actually I've made a node to do this job, it works but I wonder is it the right way to do this or there's any better solution.
I know there's a Top Fetch node, but it run Hython background and I can't really see what's going on inside that Top network.

If you need the node I'm willing to share it, Thank you.
chrisgreb
That's probably the best way. We do have an existing RFE to support in-process top fetches.
EricSheng
chrisgreb
That's probably the best way. We do have an existing RFE to support in-process top fetches.
Hi, Chris:
Thanks for your reply, I've made a node to do this but it'll crash Houdini instantly when it comes to complex node graphs. I guess I do it wrong, and it has many works to do than I thought.
chrisgreb
If you are triggering a cook of a different graph using python HOM, make sure that gets executed on the main thread with hdefereval:

import hdefereval
hdefereval.executeDeferred(myfn)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.