Search - User list
Full Version: rop fetch fails with renderman?
Root » PDG/TOPs » rop fetch fails with renderman?
mestela
We have a ris node, and a rop fetch pointing to it. When we submit this to tractor we get the error

—-
/opt/hfs18.0.348/bin/hython /mnt/ala/mav/2020/sandbox/studio1/tech/houdini/farm/pdgtemp/33633/scripts/rop.py -p /mnt/ala/mav/2020/sandbox/studio1/tech/houdini/farm/LOPS_VOLUMES_TEST_05.hipnc -n /out/ris1 -i ropfetch1_3_4 -fs 3 -fe 3 -fi 1
PDG: Loading .hip file /mnt/ala/mav/2020/sandbox/studio1/tech/houdini/farm/LOPS_VOLUMES_TEST_05.hipnc.
ERROR: The attempted operation failed.
Error: No soho script program specified for output driver: RFH.py.
—-

Is this expected? I recall this being an issue a few months ago, is it the same thing? We're still struggling through how houdini and renderman and pdg and tractor and rez all interact, so it may well be our setup. But would like to hear if anyone else has been able to get renderman to work with pdg and tractor!

The debug steps up to this point:

-Had tested geo rops and mantra jobs with pdg, they work
-First attempt to submit a ris rop with a ropfetch top node failed, .so errors
-Found it was rez environment issues, fixed that, then the renderman jobs failed saying there were issues with the materials and parents.
-All our materials were in pxr material builder subnets, as a test we deleted them and just had free floating pxrsurface and pxrvolume mats. The material errors went away, but now get the soho error above.

This is running 18.0.348.
chrisgreb
I assume this is because the driver is looking for RFH.py on the HOUDINI_PATH and isn't finding it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.