Search - User list
Full Version: ROP Composite output
Root » PDG/TOPs » ROP Composite output
schwungsau
ROP Composite output does actually work ?
even the example from Doc's does not work. it error without error message in window.
tpetrick
I've attached an example that runs a Mantra render, followed by a ROP composite that does simple manipulation of the input image.

The ROP Composite help example also appears to be working fine for me in the latest build of 18.0. When a work item fails you can Ctrl + Middle Mouse click on that work item to open the detailed view, which has a log from the process that was run. Failures in the work item will be reported there. Can you post the work item log for the failed items?
schwungsau
it does not work if i wanna load files from disks… i have a file sop inside cop network… or file range in tops….
i get the error :

hou.OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed.
Error loading: C:/Users/herib/Downloads/rop_comp.hip

only if i feed it with a mantra-rop, it works.
schwungsau
i am getting the error if try rop (top) on the arnold renderer node …
the file renge node works also with ffmeg node etc…
it looks like TOPs only place works with mantra
tpetrick
Are you making sure the .hip file is saved to disk before cooking? Work items cook out of process and need to load the .hip file. There should be a dialog that pops up, but it's possible to mark it as ignored.
schwungsau
its acutlly just Arnold node, redshft etc… have no issues.
still using a custom custom comp (cops) does not really work
tpetrick
Can you attach an example .hip file that demonstrates what you're trying to do?
schwungsau
quick simple stuff (see file)
schwungsau
with the lastest daily build i finally get an error message ! it told me to put frame list to some drive then the output.
good to know, silly but it works!
thanks,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.