Hi crowdy people out there!
I have had an idea about using Houdini to make a stadium crowd for Unreal that will react to events inside Unreal.
Having used Houdini Crowds a little bit, I have a rudimentary grasp of the BASICS. However, I do not know anything about Unreal.
First question:
Is it a good idea? I suspect there may be easier ways to make crowd sims inside Unreal. Does anyone know if that is true?
Second question:
Can it be done? I have looked at making HDAs and importing that into Unreal but I could not work out how to get the crowd agents to play their clips. I have looked at the VAT method but I get an error when it renders - somerthing about ‘error rendering child’. No idea.
Third question:
Has anyone had experience with Atoms? I see they have a Unreal product.
If you think I'm running down a blind alley, please let me know!
Thanks, in ignorance,
Dan