Search - User list
Full Version: Renderman rop errors via pdg local scheduler - [fixed]
Root » PDG/TOPs » Renderman rop errors via pdg local scheduler - [fixed]
mestela
Attached is a hip with a simple renderman setup. If you go into the ropnet and click ‘Render’, you should get a pink rubber toy on disk.

Go into the topnet, and there's a fetch pointing to the renderman rop. Cook this graph locally, the render fails. The error log looks like this:

Warning:     Bad node type found: pxrmaterialbuilder in /obj/matnet1.
Error: Bad parent found (parent is not a network): obj/matnet1/pxrmaterialbuilder1/output_collect.init.
Bad parent found (parent is not a network): obj/matnet1/pxrmaterialbuilder1/output_collect.def.
Bad parent found (parent is not a network): obj/matnet1/pxrmaterialbuilder1/output_collect.parm.

This is on Linux, 18.0.391, Renderman 23.2. I found 2 other posts with similar errors, one on the pixar forums from a year ago rendering with hqueue, another here with redshift, but neither have solutions.

The usual suspects I might blame don't apply; its not running on the farm, I can't see how I can be running this in a different environment than the main gui session as its all local.

I was doing testing in 18.0.481, but it seems that is incompatible with renderman 23.2. Will try updating to latest renderman tomorrow.

-matt
chrisgreb
This should be fixed in 18.0.481. You can try forcing HOUDINI_PATH on local scheduler.
mestela
Cool thanks Chris. An extra incentive to get rm23.3 installed!
mestela
….and got RM23.3 installed, but it crashes on certain operations with 18.0.481. One step forward, two steps back…
DeKo
Is this error has been fixed?
I have the same problem with localsheduler and Arnold shaders.
Warning:     Bad node type found: arnold::standard_surface in /obj/mat_arnold/arnold_trees_black.
Error:       Unknown operator on load "standard_surface1.def".
             Unknown operator on load "standard_surface1.parm".
             Unknown operator on load "standard_surface1.userdata".

Houdini 18.5.462, WIN.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.