Search - User list
Full Version: renderman rop generates no images with tractor scheduler
Root » PDG/TOPs » renderman rop generates no images with tractor scheduler
mestela
Similar test to yesterday, mantra rop, called with a fetch.

If I cook this with a local scheduler, I get images.

If I cook this with a tractor scheduler, I don't get images. No errors in the log, all seems to have executed fine, but there's no mention of an image or output anywhere in the logs.

The only change is swapping between a local scheduler and a tractor scheduler. Hmm.

Had a closer look, and tried setting the ‘output parm name’ parameter to ‘ri_display_0’ (the parameter the renderman rop uses for the output image). I can see the tractor logs before the change pointed to a rib as output, and after the change point to an exr as output. That's great, and the path seems to be correct, but there's still no images being generated.

I'm a little confused, as the rop and top are identical, only the scheduler is being changed, I don't see how that can so drastically affect the output location.

Ideas?

-matt
chrisgreb
I tried your hip file with 18.0.460 and RMan 23.3, and it works for me. In the work item log I see:

PDG_RESULT: ropfetch1_1;-1;u'__PDG_DIR__/render/renderman_pdg_v02_cg01.ris1.0001.exr';;0
And the exr files are indeed generated at $HIP/render/…

Do you see that in the log?

Are you opening your hip file from the same file mount path that the blade is using?
mestela
Yeah that's what I saw in the log.

That said, beginning to suspect rez shenanigans again. Had a peek at the environment I use for the farm, and its using 23.2. Thanks for checking!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.