Search - User list
Full Version: Redshift Licence Error
Root » 3rd Party » Redshift Licence Error
macvandam
I have just downloaded redshift and its loads fine but when I go to render an output, I get error (-17) License error: Error communicating with license server.

I have disabled my firewalls and antivirus to check if this is the problem and it didnt help.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this working? Desperate to get RS working for Houdini as I am a student and my academic facilities have shut downa, I dont have access to the softwares they would normally provide.

Thank you
MainakBhattacharjee
Yes ,i am having this license error too. No idea what to do….Did you find some solution to that?
Junru_Tao
macvandam
I have just downloaded redshift and its loads fine but when I go to render an output, I get error (-17) License error: Error communicating with license server.

I have disabled my firewalls and antivirus to check if this is the problem and it didnt help.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this working? Desperate to get RS working for Houdini as I am a student and my academic facilities have shut downa, I dont have access to the softwares they would normally provide.

Thank you

Hi, All.

Try uninstall Redshift. Windows: C:/ProgramData/Redshift -> Uninstall. Then clear other logs under that folder. Reinstall Redshift and open-up your redshift license manager and they will ask you to unlock your license on previous machine(and you only have 3 chances to do that. If run out of unlocks, try email their support.) After that launch houdini again, you'll be good to go.
letslie
doesn't work
cdordelly
Hi! Did you checked that the Redshift License is correctly assigned on the Maxon App? And also check if you have the latest version of the Maxon App.

Just to make sure, you can also check that your machine has the license assigned on:

https://my.maxon.net/ [my.maxon.net]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.