Search - User list
Full Version: QuadRemesher Lab Tool in a for each loop
Root » 3rd Party » QuadRemesher Lab Tool in a for each loop
chf
when I use the quadremesher in a for each loop like for each connected piece some pieces get lost
I guess this is due to the remesher saving out a .fbx file and when the loop is moving to the next piece some don't get merged in before that.

has anybody encountered this as well / found a solution?
Jose Molfino
I found a solution by adding a foreach metadata, and append the iteration number to the exoside fbx-file saving parameter.
netinho_da_costa
Hi Jose,
if I may ask, I'm wondering where can you append that matadata into in the Houdini Quadremesher node?
rpdacosta .
Hi, is this still an issue?
Jose, where in the quadremesher node can you insert the metadata iteration number in Houdini?
GlenD
rpdacosta .
Hi, is this still an issue?
Jose, where in the quadremesher node can you insert the metadata iteration number in Houdini?
Just in case anyone else is having this issue. In Labs Exoside Quadremesher->Advanced->Cache File this is my path.
${HIP}/render/${HIPNAME}_${OS}_QR_output_`detail("../foreach_begin1_metadata1", "iteration", 0)`.fbx
sjc000com
Hi ... Today after upgrading Sidefx labs to version 19.0589 with houdini 19.0455 , it is not working any more , is this a bug or am I missing something ?
CYTE
Hey sjc000com,

do you get it running again? I have the same issue.

Cheers
CYTE
lzadikian
In case anyone else has this issue, I'm by no means sure about the fix, but with a for each by count, I am able to get this working by matching the name of the count node.

i.e.

${HIP}/render/${HIPNAME}_${OS}_QR_output-panel-`detail("../foreach_count1", "iteration", 0)`.fbx

When the name of the count node is: "foreach_count1"

I played with a few iterations until I could see the render fbx files pop up on the file system.

Also, noticed that dropbox causes issues since it locks the file at times. So turning that off and adding in the suggested fix now works like a champ.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.