Search - User list
Full Version: TOPs/Wedging simple pyro sim is slower...
Root » PDG/TOPs » TOPs/Wedging simple pyro sim is slower...
The3DStig
TOPs/Wedging simple pyro sim is slower than running each simulation manually (one after another).

I've got a very simple setup in TOPs. A single wedge controls a few different settings for a pyro simulation.
It's connected to a ropgeo output node.

Everything works as it should! I get three simulations with the different settings. The trouble is that it takes significantly longer to run than it would just executing them one after another. Manual execution takes about 30 minutes each so about 1.5 hours to do all of them if I babysit my workstation and start one after another. Using TOPS is takes about 6 hours!

I suspect this is because a new instance of hbatch or something is starting up for each frame in the process.
Is there a way to force it into a single process or one per variation? I know in the hq_render node there's a ‘batch all frames into one job’ option. Is there something like that in TOPs?

Thanks!
The3DStig
Seriously, why is that every time I post a question I inevitably find the solution like 20 minutes later?

For anyone interested there IS just an option in the ropgeo node.
ROPGEO–>Rop Fetch tab –> “all frames in one batch”

Works as expected- actually faster than running one after another, which is what I was hoping for!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.