Search - User list
Full Version: export variations of HDA to multiple FBX files
Root » PDG/TOPs » export variations of HDA to multiple FBX files
jumuNXRT
Hi,

I have a 3d model saved as an HDA and I want to export variations of this HDA to multiple FBX files by using PDG. creating this variations by using multiple wegde nodes works fine and I also managed to export FBX files with a ROP fetch node. but all my fbx files have the exact same content. I think the initial configuration of my HDA is saved multiple times but not the variations done by the wedge node. Do I have to put the ROP_fbx node somewhere different? Right know it's part of my HDA.

I built a small test scene based on the ROP fetch example. It should export 3 different versions of the torus, but it exports 3 times exactly the same torus.

Image Not Found
chrisgreb
Are the bgeo files saved by the hdaprocessor correct?

In the ropfetch case /obj/pdg_fbx_test/radx is not being set. There are two ways to do it. You can set an expression on it @radiusX , or use the “Overwrite Target Parameter..” on wedge1.
jumuNXRT
chrisgreb
Are the bgeo files saved by the hdaprocessor correct?
Yes, the bgeo files are save correctly by the hdaprocessor.

chrisgreb
In the ropfetch case /obj/pdg_fbx_test/radx is not being set. There are two ways to do it. You can set an expression on it @radiusX , or use the “Overwrite Target Parameter..” on wedge1.

That solved the problem! Thanks a lot!!! I only connected the @radiusX to the parameter in the HDA Parameters Tab of the hdaprocessor. I thought that was enough. Now I also set the expression on the HDA directly and now it works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.