Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini tools
Root » Houdini Lounge » Houdini tools
Simon
Hi all,
I've finally gotten around to building my own website!

www.houdinitools.com [houdinitools.com]

At the moment it is a resting place for all my hdk experiments but hopefully I'll post other things up there as I get the urge. There are one or two things already there that you won't find anywhere else. Changes to code that I never published on odForce or on exchange, and help files for everything!

Having it all on one site means I can more easily post up re-compiles and fixes etc.

I've only just finished the site so there may well be bloopers - wrong uploads, typos etc. please let me know if you use it and spot anything wrong.

Enjoy!
stevenong
Brilliant! Thanks for always giving to the Houdini community Simon! I'm sure we'll just keep taking!

Thanks again!

Cheers!
steven
kuba
Simon that´s insanely awesome!

Thanks so much for sharing, I am looking forward to try those examples.

cheers
kuba
Vormav
Nice site! Good to see some HDK work in there, complete with source code. Thanks for putting that stuff up.
Simon
It's come to my attention that some code may not compile yet on linux. If anyone tries it and gets errors please let me know and I will attempt to find a fix. The problem occurs where I have used code from standard libraries that may not be cross platflorm. In the most part I only use Houdini's own function calls so it shouldn't be to big a deal to get sorted, fingers crossed.

I'll post more when I start putting up fixes.
AlvinYap
Hey Simon it's a great resource - thank you for sharing!!!

Regards,
Alvin
Simon
I've updated SBCdeformer and UVUniform both of which were using a non Houdini abs function…
mlesin
I think it'd be nice to provide more images/videos showing the tools in action to better show what these tools are doing.
This would avoid unnecessary installations if they aren't needed and will help not to miss something important. Visual info always better for artists

P.S. I found only one video on your page - in contact section, is it all these videos you've talked so much in Home and FAQ pages?
Simon
Yup there's only one at the moment, but I will be trying to add more.
I'm not sure how much traffic the site can handle so I'm kinda just testing things out at the moment, its just a freebie page I got with broadband so I didn't want to overload it with videos yet….

Watch this space……
Simon
No videos yet, but I am slowly making updates.

I have noticed that under IE (maybe other browser too) the changes I make don't always show up.

I think this is a combination of the way the site is masked and the fact that when I first built it I didn't add any meta tags for cache settings. (Heck its all new to me this interweb nonsense)

If you have been back lately but not noticed anything different you may need to clear your temporary internet files and/or cookies.

If anyone knows the proper way to deal with this please let me know, its a right royal pain in the….. :roll:
digitallysane
I saw you put some meta tag with no-cache settings, but I think you should use the “pragma” version and expires set to -1, see here:
http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/reference/article.php/3472881 [htmlgoodies.com]
http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/#CONTROL [mnot.net]
http://www.submitcorner.com/Guide/Meta/expires.shtml [submitcorner.com]

Dragos
Simon
cheers I'll check it out!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.