Search - User list
Full Version: ImageMagick convert inputfilename not working
Root » PDG/TOPs » ImageMagick convert inputfilename not working
chf
I made a PDG Image Convert Setup in 18

In 18.5 the imagemagick node in tops changed.

The convert mode doesn't have an “Output Filename” but now has an “Output File Path”
and it seems the {inputfilename} variable doens't do it's job any longer

instead it creates files with literally {inputfilename} as the filename and with multiple files overwrites each one with the next one

I just tried my setup and it still works in H18.

Is there some new workflow with this node I am not aware of or is it a bug?
BrookeA
This syntax has been removed in the updated ImageMagick node for clarity and consistency with the rest of PDG. The recommended workflow now is to use regular PDG attributes. For this case, I would feed the input file into a File Pattern node with the “Extension in Filename Attribute” disabled (and setting the Pattern parameter to @pdg_input), and then wire the File Pattern into the ImageMagick node. You'll then be able to replace “{inputfilename}” with the @filename attribute.

I will add a note to the documentation about upgrading a scene from the 18.0 ImageMagick node to the 18.5 ImageMagick node.
chf
ok thanks

thing is I generate my work items with the file pattern node
the pattern set to a directory
$work/`chs("../../settings/file")`/*.png
to find every image file in that directory

how would I implement this with the pattern parameter set to @pdg_input ?
BrookeA
If you're already using File Pattern to generate your work items, you shouldn't need anything additional. You'll just need to disable the “Extension in Filename Attribute” parameter.
chf
BrandonA
If you're already using File Pattern to generate your work items, you shouldn't need anything additional. You'll just need to disable the “Extension in Filename Attribute” parameter.

I still get @filename.png overwriting itself until all images are exported

Must be missing something here..
BrookeA
@filename is an expression, so it is required to use backticks (`) around it.
chf
BrandonA
@filename is an expression, so it is required to use backticks (`) around it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.