Search - User list
Full Version: Sequence Overview renders
Root » Solaris and Karma » Sequence Overview renders
Hamilton Meathouse
So, after seeing the Katana 4.0 sequence overview stuff (https://youtu.be/RcU4pqwEmTc?t=78) I thought I'd try and see if something similar was possible in Solaris. Using context options, you could easily loop through a handful of shots and hit the ‘Render to Mplay’ Button. To display all the running renders at the same time though seems to be the tricky bit.

A couple of approaches crossed my mind;

1. Use COPs to pull in the renders as they are happening (currently only works with Mantra, and only 1 render at a time)
2. Use the MPlay window to display the renders using the 4x4 layout (have to manually choose which square the active render goes to)
3. Tiling the cameras (would need some mechanism for getting the whole camera frame to render to a single tile)
4. Save the image file somewhere, and pull the finished renders into into a Mosaic COP (defeats the idea of seeing the renders progress in real time)

Has anyone else thought about attacking this problem? Would be good to hear some ideas!
Hamilton Meathouse
I thought at least one fanboy would have jumped on this with some glib remark about how Katana sucks and Houdini doesn't need something like this
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.