Search - User list
Full Version: Just a minor request for the upcoming houdini release...
Root » Houdini Lounge » Just a minor request for the upcoming houdini release...
kuba
Hello,

It would be very nice to have in takes window a “Jump to Op” option as it is in the shader field in object level or shaderSOP where you assign a shader. This would give quicker access to various parameters which normally are located in different places of the scene. Right now finding out the location of the operator only by name and path, is a little bit slow and painful.

thank you
kuba
sanostol
Hi Kuba,

not sure if I got You right, but beside the shader path field there is a arrow button. clicking onto it brings You to the shop level, with the shader selected, or wiht ctrl clicked it opens a parameter panel of the shader.
hope it helps

martin
kuba
Hey Martin,

Exactly the same as with the shader link (the arrow button). It would be great if we could have the same option by each parameter loaded to a take. So, I could quickly move to certain area of my scene (SOPs, POPs etc. - more or less similar as pressing W in network window, and getting tree structure with current OP highlighted) and modify the parameter or add another one (from the same OP)

cheers
kuba
digitallysane
Excellent idea!
sanostol
hey kuba,

oh man, i read Your first post, but somehow my brain made a break

yep the idea is very good.

martin
kuba
Don't worry and keep your fingers crossed for this update

cheers
kuba
aracid
good idea kuba:-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.