Search - User list
Full Version: Viewer state scrubbing
Root » Houdini Lounge » Viewer state scrubbing
probiner
I checked the scrub example but it seems to be constrained to the screen borders:

The frame label is seen even when the mouse leaves the viewport and given this comment the frame stepping seems to be indeed based on absolute display positioning.

# Take the absolute position of the mouse pointer (as a percentage
# of the total viewer width) and move that far along the current
# frame range

I was looking more for a scrub interaction that provides “infinite” scrubbing, that is not limited by the screen size, but driven by the mouse relative movement.
I'm imagining one solution could be to freeze the pointer, since I don't think Houdini does this wrap around Blender does in its viewport:

But I'm quite unsure what would be the best approach.
Thanks
Jonathan de Blok
Not sure, but I guess you can just move the mouse pointer position using pyhton and compensate the scrub amount while doing that. Make your own wrapping.
probiner
Jonathan de Blok
Not sure, but I guess you can just move the mouse pointer position using pyhton and compensate the scrub amount while doing that. Make your own wrapping.
Yeah @IgorElovikov shared his take at it on Think Procedural discord: https://discord.com/channels/230123485668573184/360768996980555776/781284892825616414 [discord.com]

I think I'll prefer to keep the mouse in place until the scrubbing is completed, let's see…

Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.